- Wi-Fi button – disable your wireless access point. You can do this when you do not have any devices that are connected to the wireless access point.
- WPS button – add new wireless devices to your network quickly and easily, without the need to enter your wireless password manually.
- Reset button – reset your router to factory default settings.
Router and modem set up
- Your Trooli commissioning technician will complete the router set up and the modem set up at the same time as activating your service, and will make sure your connection is working at the expected speed.
Setting up a wired connection
- Your kit includes a white cable with two yellow connectors either end. This is the Ethernet cable.
- The device that you want to connect to the router – for example a computer, a TV or a gaming console – must have an Ethernet port available. Also check that the router has a yellow Ethernet port available.
- Your device must be configured to obtain an IP address automatically. This is usually the default setting. If you are unsure, the device manufacturer’s instructions will show you how to connect the device to the internet.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to one of the yellow Ethernet ports of your router. It is recommended that for your main computer you use the main Ethernet port which is labelled ETH1.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to an available ports on your device.
Power on the router
- Press the power button to turn on the router.
- Wait at least 10-15 minutes for the router to complete the start-up phase. Once all the lights are on then you are able to start using your Trooli broadband.
LED status (the lights on the front)
There are a row of LEDs that will tell you about the status of the connection. From left to right, the LEDs refer to:
- Power – is your device powered up
- Broadband – is your broadband working
- Internet – do you have an internet connection
- Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz channels) – is your 2.4 GHz wireless broadcasting
- Wi-Fi (5 GHz channels) – is your 5 GHz wireless broadcasting
- WPS – are you setting up a device connection using WPS
- Ethernet – is your network connection working
What do the different LED colours mean?
If you need technical help you can speak to our Trooli help desk via online chat, or by calling 0800 358 7680, or you can email email@example.com.